Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole
I will add a picture the next time I make it again.
**Do Not Preheat Oven**
You will need a 9×13 casserole dish to cook this in.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cooked and cubed^
- 6 slices of bread, cubed*
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 10.5 oz can of chicken noodle soup, undiluted
- 2 10.75 oz cans of cream of whatever soup, undiluted**
- 1 stick of butter/margarine, melted
- 1 stack of Ritz crackers, crushed
* Day old is best, but any will do
** The original recipe calls for cream of mushroom. Since most of the people in my house despise mushrooms, I have used cream of celery, cream of onion, and cream of chicken, and not always 2 cans of the same.
^ The woman I learned this recipe from would cook her chicken, with no seasoning, in the microwave and then cube it. I prefer to cube it, and cook it on the stove with a bit of rosemary. You can cook it however you want.
Mix your eggs and soups together. Mix your butter and crackers together.
In your casserole dish, spread out your chicken and put your bread pieces on top of that. Next, pour the egg/soup mixture over the top. Try to make sure you cover all the bread at least. Top with butter soaked Ritz crackers.
Bake at 450 degrees F (232 degrees C) for 1 hour. Enjoy!