A Couple of Updates

Just a few updates for everyone.

On Wednesday, I saw a pulmonologist to determine if I qualify to have a sleep study done.  The reason for this is that my neurologist and my primary care doctor both want to see if I have sleep apnea as this might be a cause of my migraines having gotten so much worse these last few years.

Well, I qualify.  I’m waiting for my insurance to approve the test so that it can be scheduled.

I also had a very horrific day yesterday in terms of pain.  I should have called the neurologist yesterday, but I just wasn’t able to.  I called today and he wants me to try dexamethasone to try to break this cycle I’ve been having.  I’ll be taking it for two days.  If I’m still not feeling any better after that time, I’m to go to the ER to get fluids and whatever else they decide I need.

I have to say that while I’m not exactly happy that there is a possibility that I have sleep apnea, it would also be nice to have a reason for all the pain that I’m in.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s