I received a wonderful surprise today. The author of Migraine Puzzle Pieces nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you so very much, Skylar.
I’ve seen it around, but I didn’t pay much attention to it until now. I decided to Google it and see what all I could find out about it. Lorraine Reguly at Wording Well does a wonderful job of explaining all of it.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Skylar’s questions for me:
1. Three things you are passionate about? Music, books, and, of course, my family
2. If you could relive a day or an event, which would you choose and why? I honestly can’t think of any. Every day that I have lived has led to where I am right now. Going back in time could potentially change how my life is right now.
3. Coffee or Tea? Tea. I love the smell of coffee, but the taste is just not something that I can handle.
4. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi, Cherry Pepsi….although I am trying to avoid soda altogether. I gave up caffeine, for the most part, December 2013.
5. Earliest childhood memory? I have a few that come to mind, but I think the very oldest is when I had surgery to have a skin tag removed from in front of my left ear. I can remember an elevator, a crib-like hospital bed, a teddy bear and a nurse.
6. Favourite pass time? This is an easy one. I have loved reading for as long as I can remember. Since my migraines have become chronic, however, this has become difficult. I’ve been trying audio books, but I haven’t been able to listen to any I haven’t already read. It’s not easy to find them all.
7. Most exciting place you’ve ever visited? I used to live in a town called Camp Verde, AZ. This is the place where you can find the National Monument called Montezuma’s Castle. I’ve visited it often and would love to do so again.
8. The last thing you ate prior to answering these questions? An ice cream sandwich. Not the best thing to be eating, but I missed lunch because of a migraine induced nap.
9. What’s playing on the radio now? Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked, by Cage the Elephant
10. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? That is probably one of the easiest things for me to answer. I would have never been plagued with migraines. I’m not sure I would be blogging without them, but I would love to be without them.
Now for the 11 random facts about myself:
1. I’ve been married twice and engaged 3 times.
2. I met my fiance, Ted, online.
3. I have 4 children (2 daughters and 2 step daughters). 3 of them have ADHD.
4. My Spotify and Pandora play lists make Ted cringe at their randomness.
5. According to one of my friends, I am not a marsupial.
6. I have a number of online friends, most of whom I met while I was pregnant. We all joined a pregnancy board for women who were due March of 2006. I’m still friends with a lot of them.
7. My best female friend in all the world is Alex Cartwright. We bonded over the purse she was carrying on her first day of work. It had a lovely Celtic knotwork design on it.
8. I’ve had a few people think I prefer being indoors. The truth is, the sun has been known to either trigger a migraine or just make one worse.
9. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 20 years old.
10. I have never smoked or done drugs of any kind.
11. I am not the cook of the family. I don’t much like to and Ted does.
My Nominees Are:
My questions for the new nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Who is a hero in your life?
3. Cat or Dog?
4. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
5. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (please link)
6. Where do you see yourself in 50 years?
7. If you could anything, what would it be?
8. What makes you smile?
9. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
10. What is a great memory from your past?
11. What one piece of advice would you like to share?
**All pictures link to original site.