Yesterday was a pretty good day. My girls made wind chimes out of tiny clay pots and beads. They are really quite cute. I also received this wonderful book. I’ve only done one lesson so far, and I’m already feeling better about my tangles. My previous attempts didn’t have any shading. It wasn’t something I could figure out. The first lesson showed me some good tips for it. Here are a few of the tangles I’ve done.
These first two were done last week, before I got my book.This one is the first from the book that I did. It’s the only one I’m not happy with. It’s called Static.
These next two turned out much better. They are called Tipple and Crescent Moon.
After my “lesson”, I worked on a few other designs that I’ve done before, but I wanted to see if I could do better. Here are Bricks and Braids.
After that, I worked on one I’ve been wanting to do: Union Jack. I wanted to do a basket weave after that, but it didn’t turn out the way I wanted. I’m not disappointed, however. I think I’ve created my first Zentangle design. I call it Argyle because that was the first thing I thought of when I finished it.
Now, on to today’s lesson.